- Over 56 million unborn babies have been lost to abortion since 1973 (the year abortion was legalized in the US).
- Published in 2013, the most recent statistics show the CDC reported a total of 765,651 abortions (self-reported data from central health agencies of 45 states). The Guttmacher Institute (Planned Parenthood’s research arm) reported a total of 1.06 million based on data from direct surveys of abortionists.
The CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report lists that 44.6 percent of all abortions were performed on women who had at least one previous abortion.
- Approximately 2,900 babies die every day from abortions.
- Every 30 seconds a baby is killed by abortion in the US.
Based on Planned Parenthood’s own annual report, it has performed over 327,166 abortions, accounting for about 30% of all American abortions. It works out that Planned Parenthood performs an abortion every 96 seconds. (For more stats from the 2012-2013 Planned Parenthood Annual Report, click here
- 30% of abortions in the United States are performed on African American women, while they represent only 12.6% of the population of the country. For more information on how abortion is decimating the African American community and what can be done to stop it, go to www.ProtectingBlackLife.org .
CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report – Abortion Surveillance ---United States, 2010 http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6208a1.htm?s_cid=ss6208a1_w
Guttmacher Institute – Induced Abortion in the United States – February 2014 http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html
National Right to Life Committee – The State of Abortion in the United States – January 2014 http://www.nrlc.org/uploads/communications/stateofabortion2014.pdf
US Census Bureau, Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2012 http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/