- Top 25 US Abortion Stats. Compilation provided by CareNet (July 2015)
- According to the National Right to Life Educational Foundation’s Abortion Statistics, more than 58.5 million unborn babies have been lost to abortion in the US since 1973, the year the Supreme Court legalized abortion.
- The most recent CDC report shows a total of 765,651 abortions in the US in 2013, based on data self-reported by central health agencies of 45 states. The Guttmacher Institute, the research arm of Planned Parenthood, reported a total of 1.06 million abortions in 2013 based on direct surveys of abortionists.
- Guttmacher Institute claims in their March 2016 report that 61% of abortions are enacted by women who have at least one child.
- The CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report lists that 37.1 percent of all abortions in the US were performed on women who had at least one previous abortion. (2011 data, published November 2014)
- Approximately 2,900 babies die every day from abortions.
- Every 30 seconds a baby is killed by abortion in the US.
- 60% of abortions are obtained by women in their twenties.
- Planned Parenthood performed more than 327,653 abortions in 2013, accounting for about 30% of all American abortions–one every 96 seconds. In 2014, they preformed 323,999. For more stats, see the 2014-2015 Planned Parenthood Annual Report.
- According to Guttmacher Institute, African American women account for almost 40% of abortions in the US although African Americans account for just 13% of the population. Hispanic women account for 25% of abortions. For more information on how abortion is decimating minority communities and what can be done to stop it, visit Protecting Black Life.
- Gallup polls continue to show that Americans believe abortion should be restricted.
- According to Guttmacher Institute, 95% of abortionists offer abortion at 8 weeks and 61% participate in abortions during the second-trimester (13 weeks or later). 34% offer abortion at 20 weeks and 16% offer abortion services at 24 weeks.
- See State Policies in Brief: Abortion Reporting Requirements (February 2015).
Guttmacher Institute – Induced Abortion in the United States – July 2014 & March 2016
National Right to Life Committee – The State of Abortion in the United States – Jan 2014
US Census Bureau, Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2012